High-quality Voice and Fax over the Internet
Now you can use your phone over the Internet, without compromising on voice quality or phone and fax features. The Cisco SPA112 2-Port Adapter offers the benefits of high-quality voice over IP (VoIP) without the need to upgrade your existing analog phones.
Easy to install and use, the SPA112 works over an IP network to connect analog phones and fax machines to a VoIP service provider.
The Cisco SPA112 is compact in design and compatible with international voice and data standards. It can be used with residential, home-office, and small-business-VoIP service offerings, including full-featured hosted or open source IP PBX environments.
The Cisco SPA112 2 Port Adapter:
- Uses advanced voice quality-of-service (QoS) capabilities and the voice Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) stack
- Supports reliable faxing with simultaneous voice and data use
- Includes two standard telephone ports, each with an independent phone number, for use with analog fax or phone devices
- Is compatible with all industry voice and data standards and common telephone features such as caller ID, call waiting, and voicemail.
Affordable and Feature-Rich Voice over IP (VoIP)
HighlightsEliminate compromise on voice quality or features for phone and fax capabilities associated with Internet voice over IP (VoIP) service. Cisco® VoIP solutions provide the quality, peace of mind, and investment protection at an affordable price.
Product OverviewThe Cisco SPA112 2 Port Adapter enables high-quality VoIP service with a comprehensive feature set through a broadband Internet connection. Easy to install and use, it works over an IP network to connect analog phones and fax machines to a VoIP service provider and provides support for additional LAN connections.The Cisco SPA112 includes two standard telephone ports to connect existing analog phones or fax machines to a VoIP service provider. Each phone line can be configured independently. With the Cisco SPA112, users can protect and extend their investment in their existing analog telephones, conference speakerphones, and fax machines as well as control their migration to IP voice with an extremely affordable, reliable solution.Compact in design and compatible with international voice and data standards, the Cisco SPA112 can be used with residential, home-office, and small business VoIP service offerings, including full-featured hosted or open source IP PBX environments. This easy-to-use solution delivers advanced features to better connect employees and serve customers, all on a highly secure Cisco network.The Cisco SPA112 2 Port Adapter (Figures 1 and 2):
• Enables high-quality VoIP service with a comprehensive feature set through a broadband Internet connection
• Provides high-quality, clear-sounding voice, using advanced voice quality-of-service (QoS) capabilities and the industry-leading voice Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) stack
• Supports reliable faxing with simultaneous voice and data use
• Includes two standard telephone ports, each with an independent phone number, for use with fax machines or analog phone devices
• Is compatible with all industry voice and data standards and common telephone features such as caller ID, call waiting, and voicemail
• Includes a simple-to-use web-based configuration utility for easy deployment
Figure 1. Cisco SPA112 2 Port Adapter
Figure 2. Ports on Cisco SPA112 ATA 2 Port Adapter
Features and BenefitsThe Cisco SPA112 provides an easy-to-use VoIP solution that offers:
• Toll-quality voice and carrier-class feature support: The Cisco SPA112 delivers clear, high-quality voice communication under a variety of network conditions. Excellent voice quality in challenging, changeable IP network environments is made possible through the advanced implementation of standard voice coding algorithms. The Cisco SPA112 is interoperable with common telephony equipment such as fax, voicemail, private branch exchanges (PBXs) and key telephone systems (KTSs), and interactive voice response systems.
• Large-scale deployment and management: The Cisco SPA112 enables service providers to provide customized services to their subscribers. It can be remotely provisioned and supports dynamic, in-service software upgrades. A highly secure profile upload saves providers the time and expense of managing and preconfiguring or reconfiguring customer premises equipment (CPE) for deployment.
• Outstanding security: The Cisco SPA112 supports highly secure, encryption-based methods for communication, provisioning, and servicing.
• Compact size: Designed for small spaces, the Cisco SPA112 can be installed as a desktop unit or mounted on a wall.
• Comprehensive feature set: The standards-based Cisco SPA112 is compatible with Internet VoIP provider features such as caller ID, call waiting, voicemail, call forwarding, distinctive ring, and much more to provide a complete, affordable, and highly reliable solution for high-quality VoIP.
• Easy installation and changes: The web-based configuration utility enables quick deployment and easy changes.
• Investment protection: Businesses that are growing rapidly can use the solution with other Cisco Unified Communications solutions, providing industry-leading investment protection.
• Peace of mind: Cisco solutions deliver the solid reliability you expect from Cisco. All solution components have been rigorously tested to help ensure easy setup, interoperability, and performance.Table 1 lists the specifications for the Cisco SPA112 2 Port Adapter.
Table 1. Product Specifications
Cisco Small Business Support Service for the Cisco SPA112 2 Port AdapterThe Cisco Small Business Support Service provides “peace of mind” coverage at an affordable price and helps you get the most value from your Cisco Small Business solution. This device-level, subscription-based service includes software upgrades and updates, extended access to the Cisco Small Business Support Center, and next-business-day hardware replacement as necessary. It also provides community-based support to enable small businesses to share knowledge and collaborate using online forums and wikis to help boost business efficiency, identify and reduce risks, and serve customers better.