The Symmetra RM brings the proven and patented Symmetra Power Array technology in a rack-mountable form. With more servers, storage products and other mission-critical IT equipment becoming rack-based, the need is increasing for high availability innovative rack-based power solutions. Symmetra RM meets this need with scalable, redundant units.
Symmetra Rack Mount is an ideal solution for branch office locations, small and medium business data centers, internetworking and telecom racks, and all other high availability applications. In addition to the advantages of hot-swappability and redundancy, rack users can also benefit from Symmetra’s self-diagnosing, scalable components and integrated Web/SNMP management features.
Symmetra’s modular design provides redundancy, scalability, manageability and serviceability delivering high availability power protection. Symmetra is ideal for protecting small data centers, network rooms, enterprise IT equipment, PBX, and Industrial applications. Symmetra is available as rack-optimized 2-6kVA and 4-12kVA systems and tower 4-8kVA and 4-16kVA systems.
- Hot-swappable power modulesEnsures clean, uninterrupted power to protected equipment during Power Module replacement.
- Hot-swappable batteriesEnsures clean, uninterrupted power to protected equipment while batteries are being replaced
- Power Modules connected in parallelEnhances availability by allowing immediate, seamless recovery from isolated module failures.
- Automatic restart of loads after UPS shutdownAutomatically starts up the connected equipment upon the return of utility power.
- Battery modules connected in parallelDelivers higher availability through redundant batteries.
- Automatic internal bypassSupplies utility power to the connected loads in the event of a UPS power overload or fault.
- Modular designProvides fast serviceability and reduced maintenance requirements via self-diagnosing, field-replaceable modules.
- Configurable for N+1 internal redundancyProvides high availability through redundancy by allowing configuration with one more Power Module than is necessary to support the connected load.
- Redundant Intelligence ModulesProvides higher availability to the UPS connected loads by giving redundant communication paths to critical UPS functions.
- Hot-swappable intelligence modulesEnsures clean, uninterrupted power to protected equipment during Intelligence Module replacement.
- Avoids costly power problems by keeping your IT equipment and data protected and available.Network grade power conditioning protects from damaging surges and disruptive noise. The double conversion architecture provides tight voltage regulation, frequency regulation ,and zero transfer time to battery during power events.
- Peace of mind that comes with complete equipment compatibility and reliability of a market leader.Safety agency tested and approved means that you can deploy Symmetra with confidence that they meet or exceed the industry’s most rigorous standards.
- Modular, Scalable, Redundant Architecture future proof initial investment, improves equipment availability, and simplifies maintenance.Symmetra LX’s redundant N+1 architecture enables the unit to withstand a failures of an intelligence module, battery or power module. Modules are easily replaceable in the field. Customers can add additional power modules or batteries after initial equipment purchase to accommodate loads of up to 16 kVA.
- Save time with easy and convenient remote accessibility.Network manageable via serial, USB or optional Ethernet. Includes Powerchute® Network Shutdown Software for convenient monitoring and control, safe operating system shutdown, and innovative energy management capabilities.
- Low operating and maintenance costs with proven reliability and intelligent battery management.Intelligent battery management, pioneered by APC, maximizes battery performance and life through intelligent, precision temperature compensated charging. Automatic self tests insure battery reliability and warn customers in advance of battery replacement. Convenient, easy to connect, hot-swappable battery modules provide battery replacement without powering down.
- Scalable power capacityReduces UPS over-sizing costs today by allowing quick power upgrades, within the same footprint, later.
- Field-replaceable power distribution panelEnsures compatibility with equipment that has different plug types.
- Programmable frequencyEnsures compatibility with different input frequencies.
- Scalable runtimeAllows additional run time to be quickly added as needed.
- Plug-and-Play external batteriesEnsures clean, uninterrupted power to the loads when adding extra runtime to the UPS.
- Resettable circuit breakersEnables a quick recovery from overload events.
- Power conditioningProtects connected loads from surges, spikes, lightning, and other power disturbances.
- Safety-agency approvedEnsures the product has been tested and approved to work safely with the connected service provider equipment and within the specified environment.
- Generator compatibleEnsures clean, uninterrupted power to the loads in the event of an extended power outage
- Cold-start capableProvides temporary battery power when the utility power is out.
- Frequency and voltage regulationGives higher application availability by correcting poor frequency and voltage conditions without using the battery.
- Input power factor correctionMinimizes installation costs by enabling the use of smaller generators and cabling.
- Automatic self-testPeriodic battery self-test ensures early detection of a battery that needs to be replaced.
- Audible alarmsActively let you know if the unit is on battery, if the battery is low or if there is an overload condition.
- User-replaceable intelligence modulesEnables simple upgrades and replacements of the Intelligence Modules.
- User-replaceable power modulesEnables simple upgrades and replacements of the Power Modules.
- Disconnected battery notificationWarns when a battery is not available to provide backup power.
- User-replaceable batteriesIncreases availability by allowing a trained user to perform upgrades and replacements of the batteries reducing Mean Time to Repair (MTTR)
- Predictive failure notificationProvides early-warning fault analysis ensuring proactive component replacement.
- Manageable external batteriesReduces preventative maintenance service needs by monitoring the health and status of the external batteries and their expected runtime.
- Network manageableProvides remote power management of the UPS over the network.
- LCD displayAlpha-Numeric Display which displays system parameters and alarms.
- InfraStruXure Manager CompatibleEnables centralized management via the APC InfraStruXure Manager.
- Intelligent battery managementMaximizes battery performance, life, and reliability through intelligent, precision charging.
- SmartSlotCustomize UPS capabilities with management cards.
- Output power capacity
4.2 KWatts / 6.0 kVA
- Max Configurable Power (Watts)
4.2 KWatts / 6.0 kVA
- Nominal Output Voltage
- Output Voltage Note
Configurable for 220 : 230 or 240 nominal output voltage
- Efficiency at Full Load
- Output Voltage Distortion
Less than 5% at full load
- Output Frequency (sync to mains)
47 – 53 Hz for 50 Hz nominal
- Output Frequency (not synced)
50Hz +/- 0.1% for 50Hz nominal
- Load Crest Factor
up to 5 : 1
Double Conversion Online
- Waveform type
- Output Connections(2) IEC 320 C19 (Battery Backup)(8) IEC 320 C13 (Battery Backup)
Internal Bypass (Automatic and Manual)
- Nominal Input Voltage
- Input frequency
50/60 Hz +/- 5 Hz (auto sensing)
- Input Connections
Hard Wire 3-wire
- Input voltage range for main operations
155 – 276 V
- Number of Power Cords
- Efficiency at Full Load
- Input Power Factor at Full Load
Batteries & Runtime
- Battery type
Maintenance-free sealed Lead-Acid battery with suspended electrolyte : leakproof
- Included Battery Modules
- Typical recharge time
- Replacement Battery
- Extendable Run Time
- Battery Volt-Amp-Hour Capacity
- Extended Run Options
Communications & Management
- Interface Port(s)
DB-9 RS-232 , RJ-45 10/100 Base-T
- Pre-Installed SmartSlot™ Cards
- Control panel
Multi-function LCD status and control console
- Audible Alarm
Alarm when on battery : distinctive low battery alarm : configurable delays
- Emergency Power Off (EPO)
- Available SmartSlot™ Interface Quantity
- Maximum Height
356 mm , 35.6 cm
- Maximum Width
483 mm , 48.3 cm
- Maximum Depth
730 mm , 73.0 cm
- Rack Height
- Net Weight
- Shipping weight
- Shipping Height
508 mm , 50.8 cm
- Shipping Width
584 mm , 58.4 cm
- Shipping Depth
787 mm , 78.7 cm
- Operating Environment
0 – 40 °C
- Operating Relative Humidity
0 – 95 %
- Operating Elevation
- Storage Temperature
-15 – 45 °C
- Storage Relative Humidity
0 – 95 %
- Storage Elevation
- Audible noise at 1 meter from surface of unit
- Online thermal dissipation
C-tick, CE, EN 50091-2, EN 60950, IRAM, VDE
- Standard warranty
2 years repair or replace, optional on-site warranties available, optional extended warranties available