Blonder Tongue BIDA 550-50 Broadband Indoor Distribution Amplifier (50dB, 47-550 MHz)
The BIDA 5400 series, BIDA 550-50 Broadband Indoor Distribution Amplifier by Blonder Tonguefeatures a 47 to 550 MHz RF bandpass and a flat operating gain of 50 dB. This self-contained broadband indoor distribution amplifier is designed specifically for CATV and SMATV signal distribution systems which use a cable drop as a signal source. The basic amplifier is configured for one-way operation. Optional field installable diplexers and return amplifiers will provide you two-way capability with either a passive or active 5-30 MHz bandpass return. Passive return configurations require only the diplexers, whereas active return requires installation of both the diplexers and the amplifier.
The BIDA 550-50 amplifier has a flat operating gain of approximately 50 dB. Lower operating gains can be achieved by adjusting the variable attenuator. This model can be attenuated over a range of 15 dB. Gain and slope controls are located on the front panel for easy set-up and adjustment. Two -30 dB back-matched test points are provided to allow testing without service interruption.
In applications where input signals are too high or where greater cable equalization is necessary, this BIDA amplifier can be reconfigured by using optional plug-in attenuators and cable slope equalizers to meet particular requirements. Push-pull hybrid IC modules enable the amplifier to operate at high output levels while retaining low distortion characteristics. The aluminum chassis is designed to provide excellent heat dissipation thus allowing operation at high ambient temperatures with no degradation of performance.
- Hybrid IC circuitry for high output with low distortion
- Temperature stability range of -20°C to +60°C
- Designed for critical applications requiring high gain
- Front panel gain and slope controls for easy adjustments
- Field installable options provide two-way capability (passive or active)
- Externally accessible test points permit in-service testing
- Aluminum chassis designed for superior heat dissipation to insure component reliability
- Exceeds FCC specs for both conducted and radiated interference at full output level
- External fuse for ease of replacement
- LED pilot light
- Line transient protection
- 5-30 MHz return capability with optional plug-ins
- Dual push-pull hybrid modules
- Optional plug-in fixed equalizer and attenuator capability for input signal conditioning