Canon CanoScan 9000F MKII Color Image Scanner
- My Image Garden Software handles photo and document scanning and organizes your files in a simple and friendly way so you can get the most out of them
- FARE (Film Automatic Retouching and Enhancement) Level 3: This built-in retouching technology delivers automatic correction to photos and film, removing much of the dust and scratches while restoring their color, all at the same time.
- Zero warm-up time and offers lower power consumption with super-efficient white LEDs.
- Auto Scan Mode automatically adjusts settings by detecting what you’re scanning.
- OS Compatibility: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP/2000 and Mac OS X v10.5.8 to 10.7
9600 dpi CCD High-Speed Scanner with Professional Film Scanning Quality
From the Manufacturer
Enjoy high-speed scanning for everything from photos to documents to 35 mm film while also enjoying superb quality. The CanoScan 9000F Mark II Color Image Scanner is a high-speed scanner with professional film scanning quality. With 9600 x 9600 maximum color dpi1, it produces incredible detail in both business documents and photographs. The CanoScan 9000F Mark II also helps you get the most out of your photos and documents with My Image Garden2software, offering a simple and intuitive way to scan and organize your files.
The CanoScan 9000F Mark II features our Super Toric Lens, delivering pin-sharp scans from edge-to-edge and bright, low-noise images. It requires zero warm-up time3 and offers lower power consumption with super-efficient white LEDs. In addition, its Fare Level 3 feature provides dust and scratch removal, along with fading, grain and backlight correction. Plus, its Auto Scan Mode automatically adjusts settings by detecting what you’re scanning.
For the 9th year in a row, Canon U.S.A. is proud to have received the 2012 Readers’ Choice Award for Service & Reliability from PCMag.com for Printers.
Speed and Quality
Superb Scanning Resolution: When you combine 9600 x 9600 maximum color resolution1 (film scanning) with a vivid 48-bit color depth and over 281 trillion possible colors, the results will astound you. Continue your scanning brilliance with tremendous 19,200 x 19,200 (Interpolated) software enhanced scans.
Ease of Use
EZ Buttons: Utilize the seven EZ Buttons to automate the entire scanning process. Copy, scan and create email attachments or PDF files simply with the push of a button.
Auto Scan Mode: With the press of a single button you have the ability to bring eight steps into one as you scan your photo, document or personal notebook and have the type of original automatically recognized. In addition, the original is automatically cropped to proper size, scanned and saved in the appropriate file format.
My Image Garden: My Image Garden software makes organizing and printing your photos fun and easy with great facial recognition, Fun Filters, Calendar Organization, Automatic Layout Suggestions and so much more.
35 mm Film: Make your old photos look virtually brand new again with the special film scanning guide frame and Film Adapter Unit by scanning one film strip at a time at a maximum 9600 color dpi.1
Auto Document Fix: Auto Document Fix delivers beautiful and easy-to-view scan results by advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction, automatically. Text characters stand out and are sharp and clear, while pictures maintain their color, tone and contrast.
FARE Level 3: This built-in retouching technology delivers automatic correction to photos and film, removing much of the dust and scratches while restoring their color all at the same time. Restore the life of your memories automatically instead of having to spend lots of time manually retouching them.
Gutter Shadow Correction: This built-in correction removes the shadow typically seen when scanning a page from a book. This “gutter” is eliminated, delivering a clean scan of the page – not the dark gutter.
USB 2.0 Hi-Speed: Scan and transfer images to your computer at the fastest possible scanning speeds with this connection. The USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Interface also allows for quick previews of your images to your computer.
What’s in the Box
- CanoScan 9000F MARK II Color Image Scanner
- Setup CD-ROM and Printed Documents
- Film Guide 35 mm Mount
- Film Guide 35 mm Strip
- Film Guide Medium Format
- Power Cord
- USB Cable
- Scanner Type Flatbed
- Scanning Element Charged-Coupled Device (CCD) 12-line color
- Light Source White LED
- Features Built-In Power Supply, FARE Level 3, Film Scanning (35mm film/120 format film), Gutter Shadow Correction, High-speed Scanning, Light Guide, OCR Text Data Conversion, PDF Password, Sensor Carriage, Super Toric Lens, White LED, Zero Warm-up Time
- Scanner Buttons Auto Scan, Copy, E-mail, PDF x 4
- Maximum Resolutions Optical: 9600 x 9600 dpi (film) and 4800 x 4800 (all other media)4; Interpolated: 19,200 x 19,200 dpi4
- Scanning Speed Standard Film Scan: approximately 18 seconds for 35 mm Negative at 1200 dpi; Standard Reflective Scan: approximately 7 seconds for A4 color document at 300 dpi
- Scanning Mode Color: 48-bit internal/48 or 24-bit external; Output Grayscale: 48-bit internal/16-bit (film scanning only)/8-bit output
- Maximum Document Size 8.5-inch x 11.7-inch
- Interface Hi-Speed USB
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 18.9 (W) x 4.4 (D) x 10.7 (H) inches
- Weight 10.1 pounds
- OS Compatibility Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP/2000 and Mac OS X v10.5.8 to 10.7
- Power Requirements AC 100-240V, 50/60 Hz; Auto Power Off: Yes (can be set from the driver)
- Maximum Power Consumption 15W (0.9W Standby)
- Operating Temperature 50° – 95° F
- Operating Humidity 10% – 90% RH (20% – 80% RH for film scanning) Without Condensation Formation
1. For document types other than films, the maximum resolution is 4800 x 4800 dpi.
2. To install using Windows OS, .NET Framework 4 is required. Compatible still image formats are PDF (created using Canon PDF Creator only), JPEG (Exif), TIFF, and PNG. Compatible video formats are MOV (from select Canon digital cameras only) and MP4 (from select Canon digital camcorders only).
3. The time required for the light source to reach sufficient operating temperature.
4. Optical resolution is a measure of maximum hardware sampling resolution, based on ISO 14473 standard.