Pedal-based Power Meter
- Measures power output at the pedal, where force is applied
- Left/right balance: average at various time intervals
- Measures cadence, total power (watts), intensity factor, torque effectiveness and pedal smoothness
- Install it yourself in minutes
- ANT+™ wireless protocol
Measure Where It Matters
Vector changes how power is measured and how cyclists get power. Vector measures power at the pedal, where force is applied. It’s a direct-measurement power meter that delivers reliable, accurate data. Because the force sensors are housed in each pedal, Vector gives you the unique ability to see right and left leg power independently.
Easy to Buy, Install, Own
In the past, power meters were difficult to install and often involved making mechanical tradeoffs for your bike. But with Vector, you can walk into your local bike shop, purchase a Vector power meter, and then install it yourself in minutes. There’s no need for a mechanic, or no downtime while your bike is in the shop. There are no complex drivetrain or wheel tradeoffs, or no external sensors to install.
With additional crank arm clearance — in thickness and width — Vector fits almost any bike. The standard pedal pods fit crank arms 12–15 mm thick and 38 mm wide. The large pedal pods fit crank arms 15–18 mm thick and up to 44 mm wide.
Behind the Watts
Vector works by measuring the deflection in the pedal spindle as you pedal. By comparing that measured deflection to a factory-calibration, Vector can determine how much force you’re applying to the pedal. It measures a few hundred times per second. Built-in accelerometers also measure your pedaling cadence. The force sensor and related electronics are permanently and securely sealed within the pedal spindle.
Complete Cycling Suite
Use a compatible device, such as Edge 500, 510, 800, 810, 1000 or Forerunner 910XT, to take your training to the next level. Vector measures total power, left and right leg power and cadence and sends the data to compatible Edge cycling computers or other ANT+ enabled devices¹. Get post-ride analysis, mapping, route planning and data sharing at Garmin Connect.
¹See the Specs tab to see data that can be viewed on compatible devices.
WARNING: The maximum weight limit of the cyclist using the Vector system is 200 lbs (90 kg). Cyclists over this weight limit risk personal injury and property damage.Vector System
- Battery life: 175 hours
- Weight (approximate, per pedal):
- Pedal: 152 g
- Pedal pod: 23 g
- Cleats and hardware: 38 g
- Total per pedal: 213 g
- Lightweight composite body
- Stainless steel wearplate
- CNC machined, hardened stainless steel spindle
- LSL bushing and sealed cartridge bearings
- Adjustable tension binding
- LOOK Kéo-compatible¹
- ANT+™ transmitters
- User-replaceable battery (2032 coin cell)
- Minimum of 175 hours of active cycling operation
- High durability thermoplastic with anti-slip rubber surface pads
- Rubber button to reduce free float action between shoe and cleat
- 6 degrees of float (0 degree also available)
- LOOK Kéo-compatible¹
- Vector pedals
- Pedal pods
- Cleats and hardware
- USB ANT+ Stick™