NEO Agility Slot Upgrade (Level 1): 80-slot tape capacity license upgrade (560 slots max)
Businesses in today’s data-intensive world are faced with increasing data storage requirements and associated challenges for effectively managing that data. Most companies recognize the importance of backing up frequently used data onto disk or the Cloud, and storing less frequently used data on tape for archive and disaster recovery applications. However, for some users, the process of creating, storing, retrieving and sharing large data sets can be costly and cumbersome and those users need help bridging that gap.
With the new NEO Agility, users can effortlessly manage, share and protect valuable data files utilizing Linear Tape File Storage (LTFS) technology. Providing advanced archiving capability, and serving as a compliment to NEO Series tape libraries, NEO Agility allows users to capitalize on the reliability, portability and affordability of tape-based storage while benefiting from the ease of data access associated with disk-based storage.
- Lowers cost of storage and increases efficiency by freeing up primary storage space
- Delivers effortless drag and drop of files from tape, just as if they were located on a standard disk volume
- Delivers up to 15PB of near-line capacity & unlimited offline capacity
- Provides up to 8TB of disk cache for increased performance
- Enables easy sharing of data with other users on the network
- Utilizes CIFS/SMB and FTP file transfer network protocols
- Provides interoperability in Windows, Linux and MAC environments
- Writes to LTO cartridges in LTFS or TAR formats
- Compatible with LTO WORM cartridges required for regulatory compliance