Dell Powervault MD1000 SAS/SATA Storage Array – 15 Bays – Brand New
We have excellent bundled prices for systems loaded with drives. Call for details!
The modular design of the PowerVault MD1000 is engineered for easy expansion – giving you more room to store data from your server. Up to three PowerVault MD1000 15 mixed-drive expansion enclosures can be daisy-chained together giving you 15, 30, and 45 mixed disk drives options. To keep management simple the PowerVault MD1000 connects to and can be controlled by a single PERC 5/E RAID equipped PowerEdge server. Configure the specific combination of storage resources you need now, and add more storage volume later, quickly and easily.
The PowerVault MD1000 is the first in a series of new disk storage units from Dell, and is designed to incorporate subsequent releases. Future models will use the same modular chassis, allowing for complete configuration with existing models, ensuring life-cycle and usability of your hardware for the long-term.
Drives and CapacityHard Drives
- Up to fifteen (15) 1-inch-by-3.5-inch SAS hot-pluggable 3.0 Gbps hard drives, at speeds of 10,000 or 15,000 RPM
- Up to fifteen (15) 1-inch-by-3.5-inch SATA II hot-pluggable 3.0 Gbps hard drives, at speeds of 7,200 RPM
Minimum Capacity (per enclosure)
- 72GB using two 36GB2 15,000 RPM drives
Maximum Capacity (per enclosure)
- 11,250GB using fifteen 750GB 7,200 RPM SATA II disk drives in one enclosure
Maximum Capacity (per RAID connection)
- 33,750GB using forty-five 750GB 7,200 RPM SATA II disk drives in three enclosures
ConnectivitySupport for either of the following configurations:
- Unified mode for direct connectivity to 15 hard drives and beyond supports daisy chaining of up to 3 enclosures
- Split mode with dual Enclosure Management Modules providing direct connectivity to drives 0 though 6 and a separate connectivity to drives 7 through 14
Enclosure Management Modules (EMM)EMMs
- 1 or 2 modules
- A second EMM provides redundant enclosure management capability
Back-Panel ConnectorsSAS connectors (per EMM)
- 1 12.0 Gbps SAS (SFF 8470) “IN” connector for connection to the host
- 1 12.0 Gbps SAS (SFF 8470) “OUT” connector for expansion to an additional enclosure
Serial connector (per EMM)
- 1 6-pin UART mini-DIN connector (for factory use only